Flags on the Boulevard!
Nicknamed the “Promenade des Anglais” by some, because it was inspired by the one in Nice, the construction of the Boulevard des Pyrénées started in 1891.
The French engineer Jean-Charles Alphand was inspired by the city of Nice. He wanted to offer the British, who had been visiting and/or living in Pau since the 1830s, a promenade with a panoramic view not of the sea, but of the mountains.
On several occasions, several flags decorate the Boulevard.